Saturday, July 23, 2011

Naive

See post: "Like a tap dance..."

That guy just gave me the drink for free. Of course I can´t walk in there and pay later! He just didn´t enter it in the system. And I suppose I cannot imagine myself walking in ¨Hi, the other day, someone gave me a free drink? I´m here to pay for it...¨

My one American friend here laughed at me for thinking that I actually was expected to pay for the frap.

So, muchas gracias, Starbucks guy.

(Maybe that´s why he looked at me like I was silly when I asked when the machine would work again...) Good heavens.

(Do things like that happen in America? I feel like they don´t really.)


In other, much less embarassing news, yesterday during a conversation I was asked ¨How many years have you lived in Spain?¨ (...in case it´s not obvious, it was in Spanish. I don´t actually speak that much English these days.)

Qué guay.


Interesting fact of the day:

I set a new record for myself. Thursday night I got three hours of sleep, leaving me pretty exhausted on Friday. I went to Huelva with my American friend, helped him teach a dance workshop thing to españoles, colombianos and brasileños and then went out to lunch with three Brazilians. (Side note: I find Brazilian Portuguese much lovlier than Portuguese Portuguese. And I’m not alone in this.) On the bus ride home, I slept for 45 minutes of the hour-long trip, then got home at about 7 PM, said hi to my flat-mate and that I thought I’d take a little siesta.

Well.

That siesta lasted a long time, I realized, when I woke up at 1:20 AM! I got up, got a sip of water, said good night and went to bed again. Until 9 AM. I calculate I slept about 14 hours. Cielos. I’m not sure if I should be worried or not.

1 comment:

rosie said...

Don't be worried- You needed the sleep. I actually got 3 hours of sleep one night a couple weeks ago, and was exhausted the entire day, and then slept for 10 hours the next night. So, you were getting caught up!

I would have done the same thing about the frap. tried to go back and pay, I mean.