Thursday, June 23, 2011

What day is it?: I travel inefficiently sometimes

PARIS, France-- Again.

Left Grimstad, Norway yesterday at about 19:00. My bus arrived at the Oslo Bus Terminal at 23:00 and there I waited until my bus to the airport left, at 4:00 AM. (I was amused and appalled by the utter sketchiness I witnessed there. How did I survive?) I took the bus to the airport, flew to Paris Beauvais on my 6:30 flight (on which there were not one, but two crying babies) then took the two-hour bus ride to the city. I took the metro to the Eiffel Tower, which feels like home to me now, sat there, dazed and confused, eating part of a sandwich which I was not allowed to finish on the bus to the city earlier. Then I walked to the 15th arrondisement, grabbing some jam and a baguette on the way. I need gentle foods. My sleep deprived stomach disliked the coffee I gave it earlier today.
And now, here I am at Natalie's dorm again, debating whether or not to nap. I may wake up feeling worse and hating myself for ever falling asleep. To sleep, or not to sleep; that is the question.

In other news: Sevilla tomorrow for five more weeks--still working on plans during that time--and then HOME HOME HOME.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Juliann! I see you're in Paris! That's where I'll be tomorrow! Let me know if you decide to go to Germany. I'm not bias or anything, but it toads worth going to ;) Sounds like you're having all kinds of fun on your travels. That's great!
Best,
Ben

lily said...

I come to visit naka...

Anonymous said...

Your father says try to get some sleep