Tuesday, July 5, 2011

27: Continuing the countdown

I love Sevilla! I am so glad for the friends I´ve met here and my dear little church and the hot sun and the new culture to in which to thrive, learn and sometimes--just survive. At thirty-two days left, I was a bit more stressed out..that was only a few days ago, but I just couldn´t decide what I wanted to do. I literally looked up tickets for home! I heaped blame on the Spanish culture--which was partially to blame for my stress--but I will accept the rest of it. Anyway, now things are sorted. I can avoid lots of difficulties by doing what I want to do rather than worrying about the opinions of others (when it´s applicable, it´s definitely best to do what we want to do and not freak out..like I am known to do).

I miss Marquette, too! And I am so excited to get home and see everyone. These few weeks will fly by (I hope) and soon I will be attacking my friends with ferocious hugs (since I have experienced a hug shortage in Spain.)
It´s like my feelings about college: I adore Hillsdale (our strange little bubble of intellectual oddballs) but I am equally ready to graduate and get outta there! Probably more ready to graduate than go back for this final year...sort of like I´m more ready to head home than stay here much longer.

Just learning contement, as per usual.

And, to repeat the usual Spanglish refrain around my home here: El Señor es maravilloso, all the time!

No comments: